Science Laboratory Technician
Dates: August, 2018
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) is one of the leading international schools in Kuala Lumpur offering contemporary British international education to students from Pre-Nursery through to Sixth Form.
The school has three visually arresting campuses - Lower, Junior and Secondary - providing a range of excellent learning environments. BSKL has been graded as excellent in all areas of educational provision by the Independent Schools Inspectorate, and is a member of The Nord Anglia Education offering numerous opportunities for professional growth.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree or a Professional Degree in Education, Teaching Training or equivalent scientific field.
- Must be fluent in English.
- At least 1 year of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Experience of the UK education system would be desirable.
Operational duties will include:
- Maintenance, preparation and cleaning of laboratory equipment.
- Organisation and maintenance of efficient storage systems for equipment and materials.
- Prepare and provide equipment for lessons.
- Preparation of laboratory solutions.
- Stock control including preparing lists of replacements as required.
- Assist with maintenance of Science Department administration system.
- Acquisition of local supplies (chemicals etc..)
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be determined by the Head of Science and Headteacher.
- Adhere to all UK and Malaysian health and safety practices and regulations at all times.
The above job description identifies major duties and responsibilities but does not intend to list every task within the scope of the job.
Applications must be submitted via the BSKL application form or the link below.
The closing date for applications is 3.00 pm on the 5th of July 2018. Early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
The Nord Anglia Education (NAE) and all NAE schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with current/past employers, and a police check.
Please browse our website https://britishschool.edu.my/ to find out more about the school.
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur:
No 1 Changkat Bukit Utama, Bandar Utama,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 47800 Malaysia
+60 3 7727 7775